Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipe 12: Blueberry Pudding

A few weeks ago I stocked up on blueberries when they were on sale for $0.99 a pint. I ended up with 8 of the pints and froze them all right away to keep them fresh. I have been meaning to try some of them in a Blueberry Pudding recipe I found in the Frugal Gourmet Cooks American cookbook for a while. Today I finally got around to trying the recipe, which is Native American in origin.



The recipe was somewhat simple in tasks. The result, though, was me simmering it for almost an hour and it not being thick. I added more flour and finally got it to thicken. I think I did end up with about what it should be. The disappointment, though, is that it is not that great tasting. I love blueberries, but the honey diminished the blueberry flavor and also made it way too sweet. I like the idea of using honey as a sweetener over very emptiness of sugar, but the 1 cup ended up being way too much. I am also not much into the odd texture of it, although I think it might be good as an ice cream topping, but I currently only have Mint Moose Tracks and that does not sound good with blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment