Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Recipe 15: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Cookies



Okay, so I used refrigerated cookie dough bought at the grocery store to make my cookies for my Opening Ceremonies party, but I am counting as a recipe, as I made new shapes and it involved creativity. I mostly made Olympic rings. I also made the Vancouver 2010 Olympics logo out of five cookies. Other shapes I made included a bobsled, skates, hockey pucks, and skates. I made all the shapes by forming them by hand and did not use any cookie cutters.

I decorated them mostly with gel icing. I could not find any black icing. My grocery store does not even carry black icing. I had an old one around and only got enough out to do one ring before being annoyed at how hard it was to use since it was almost hard. They seemed to have a slot for black gel icing, but they were sold out of it. The closest thing I could get was spray decadent fudge icing. It is not the same thing and is impossible to control to come out without being a big fluffy mess. Okay, so it could be done stylist and not a mess, but not without still being large lines of icing due to the big opening. Not to mention it is expensive for what it is. I guess I could have just colored white frosting in a tub, but I stink at spreading frosting and barely can even do the squeeze icing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment