Monday, January 4, 2010

Recipe 1: Snowman on a Stick

Today I tried my first new recipe for 2010. The recipe is a healthy snack recipe from Family Fun. The recipe can be found on their site here.



It was really easy to make the Snowman on a Stick. I modified it a little. First of all I did not use any grapes for the top of the hat, as they were too expensive (not on sale at all) to buy at the grocery store this week. I also did not buy any mini chocolate chips to use. Instead I planned to use raisins, but only found a little box of them buried in the snack drawer. I did use the raisins (pulled in half) on a few of the snowmen, but they were mostly old and hard, so I only used a few for looks.



The other alternatives I did were making some snowmen using banana slices on pretzel sticks and trees with apple slices and bananas on pretzels sticks. These actually turned out better, as it is all edible. They are also cooler because I used banana slices on the bottom, so they actually stand up on their own. It also does not waste bamboo skewers, which may be cheap, but I felt they were wasted with the snowmen because not even half the stick was used.

No comments:

Post a Comment