Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe 5: Japanese Cucumber and Crab Salad

I found the Japanese Cucumber and Crab Salad recipe in an old cookbook (really old to me, as it is older than me) we had called The Frugal Gourmet by Jeff Smith. The recipe is really easy, although to do it entirely right it needs 45 minutes prep time for the cucumbers, but I realized that too late and instead just used a little salt and skipped the draining part.



I liked the easiness of the recipe, but not the taste. It was not horrible, but it is not all that great of a dressing in my opinion, although my mom loved it. I would not mind making it again, but I would omit the sesame seed oil, as I am pretty sure that is the ingredient that I do not like the taste of. Or maybe just use a regular Balsamic Vinegar dressing, although then it would not be very Japanese anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment