Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recipe 10: Lemongrass Limeade



Yesterday I made Lemongrass Limeade following a recipe on My Healthy Cooking Coach for Nintendo DS. I could not find any Lemongrass at my local grocery store, so it was not exactly right. I did, however, do a substitute recommended on Thai Kitchen's website here. It is a lot more work doing the lemon zest and fresh ginger, but well worth the flavor it adds. The other substitute I did was I used freshly carbonated water from our Soda Stream machine instead of plain water just because I like carbonation.

The Limeade did take a long time to make for the amount it made, as it took at least 30 minutes to make only 1 liter of Limeade. However, it is quite delicious, cheap to make, and well worth the effort. I think next time, though, I will at least quadruple the recipe and put the syrup in a container for mixing with the water as I want it. I think I will use the first empty bottle of the soda mix that goes with our Soda Stream. Then I will have my own homemade mix ready for use whenever I want with my Soda Stream carbonated water.

No comments:

Post a Comment