Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recipe 3: Tempura

At the beginning of the year when I asked my brother for ideas of things for me to make he asked for shrimp tempura. Last night (Wednesday is me cook night and game night at our house) I made tempura with some help from my dad. I mostly made shrimp tempura, but tried some broccoli and mushrooms as well.



The recipe I used for the tempura can be found here. I tried it with both all purpose flour and wheat flour. I kind of liked the taste of the wheat ones better, although the all purpose is like what you get at Japanese restaurants. My brother did not like either. I think because we put too much batter on them (mostly the wheat ones) as well as did not cook them long enough (both kinds).

Overall I liked them and it did at least taste right. The consistency of the batter was not right. Definitely something to practice and perhaps try again to get right.

No comments:

Post a Comment